Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Handmade in the UK - Another amazing Tin Can Knits book!

All images coutesy of Emily Wessel
@ Tin Can Knits
Have you found “the one”? You know, the minute you see them you love everything they do? I have, and their name is Tin Can Knits. (I’m talking knitting designers here, not love! Focus, people, focus!)

Some people might find it odd that as a designer I’m pointing you to someone else. But Emily Wessel and Alexa Ludeman of Tin Can Knits are just that special. I knew, last year when I first saw their designs, that this dynamic duo has “It” - star potential. (See my previous posts about them: interview, Pacific Knits, and Low Tide cardigan.)

Vivid
I instantly fall in love with each of their designs. They have 4 books out, each filled with amazing sweaters, shawls, hats, mitts, socks… Everything!





And these designers do it right. Each of their garments is available in the widest range of sizes: the patterns are sized from baby to grandma, feature sensible seamless construction, and are written in their clear and concise style.

Botany
Emily Wessel, a Canadian now living in Scotland has released her Handmade in the UK book. This new book is filled with travel sketches, lace knits, and exquisite locally-produced yarns - it is an aesthetic response to the beauty and pleasure she has experienced in her home in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Get what you want - buy your favourite design individually, get a great deal on the ebook, or you can pre-order a special signed print copy (limited quantity), and they will email you your complimentary ebook so you can get started knitting right away!

Lush
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored “commercial”. I started test knitting for TCK last year and fell in love with them. I really believe these ladies deserve to have all the success in the world. And I’m thrilled that they’re Canadian. If I ever recommend a product or design, it’s because I personally enjoy it. My opinions aren’t for sale.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Bonny


Estuary


Windswept
 
Thistle
 



No comments :

Post a Comment