Monday, October 21, 2013

Tickled pink!

I get a thrill from hearing from people who have knit, or are knitting, my patterns. I've 'met' some really nice people that way.

I heard from someone who had been really nervous about trying toe-up socks for the first time. They tried my Swirl socks and after a few challenges, typical of learning any new skill, loved the process and was thrilled to have learned something new.

Someone else learned a new, simpler heel.

Many others have commented on the Agatha Christie series, about how much they enjoy the novels. I love connecting with other people over a love of reading. Audiobooks have allowed me to combine my love of reading with my knitting, so I don't have to choose between the two.

Today, I was tickled pink to get a message from someone on Ravelry. She'd seen my pattern The Vicar's Wife, named for the characters in the first Miss Marple novel, The Murder at the Vicarage. She is a vicar's wife, a sock knitter, an Agatha Christie fan, and lives in a town in England which has a strong link to Agatha Christie.

How serendipitous is that?


No comments :

Post a Comment