Thursday, November 7, 2013

Down the Rabbit Hole

In my last post I mentioned that I've started knitting a cardigan in laceweight. Stocking stitch. I have made good progress (aka, a few more inches of the back).

But I have a confession. I've also gotten distracted by the gorgeous patterns that are part of the Indie Designer Gift-along on Ravelry. It all started innocently enough. I checked out the Pinterest boards that have been put together.
All errors mine, not the pattern!

I got one Maroo Mitt knit up for myself.

But then my daughter saw it.

And wanted her own.

So I knit them.

(But they don't match. I miscalculated my yardage. She still loves them.)

Then I decided to check out the Scarves and Cowls Pinterest board. Not a problem. I could stop any time. I was just browsing, after all.

Tidewater Cowl by Marnie MacLean
Then I saw the Tidewater Cowl by Marnie MacLean. And I remembered my mother-in-law's subtle hint a few months ago when we drew names for the Christmas gift exchange. She commented that she'd love another hand knit like the smoke ring I made her a couple years ago.

Before I knew what I was doing, I'd bought the pattern. Found a skein of merino/silk yarn in my stash. And cast on.

Yeah...Much more interesting than stocking stitch in lace weight yarn.




No comments :

Post a Comment