Monday, November 4, 2013

Have I gone crazy?

Last week I got the itch to knit myself a sweater. I was inspired by all the great fitting sweaters being shown off as part of Amy Herzog's Custom Fit online sweater generator. I've knit many sweaters for myself but rarely wear them because they just don't fit right.

But after discovering Amy's Fit to Flatter series on her website, I learned more about shaping sweaters to fit my body. I knit one of her designs, Petrea, which I love (although it turned out a tad too big - my fault).

About 18" of stockinette so far!
So, armed with my measurements and an insane decision to finally use the 2 cones of Colourmart cashmere/merino 4 ply yarn I've had in my stash for 2 years, I took the Custom Fit plunge.

I decided to start with the classic 3/4 sleeve hip-length cardigan trimmed in seed stitch. I wanted a plain cardigan so I can see how the shaping comes together before I start moving on to adding stitch patterns.

I am not a tiny person. So there's a LOT of stocking stitch to knit in this cardigan. And I'm using a yarn that hovers somewhere between lace and fingering weight.

If you don't hear from me for a while, I'm lost in stocking stitch land! But I know this is going to be one gorgeous, well-fitting cardigan when I'm done with it. Because it'll fit me - everywhere.

1 comment :