Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year - Happy New Pattern and KAL!

I see that many of the bloggers I read are doing a 2013 year in review post. I honestly hadn't thought of that. I'm too excited about 2014, which is just going to be bursting with new designs. I accomplished way more than I thought I would in 2013, so I've raised the bar for the new year.

I hope you all had a fun NYE celebration and are ready to start your 2014 knitting. I've set up a Knit-along (KAL) and Read-along (RAL) for January and February in my Ravelry group.

SweetGeorgia Yarn: Colorways Charcoal and Pistachio
When I decided to do a KAL, I wanted it to be fun and relaxing. There's no rush, no pressure - December had enough of that! Relax, enjoy, knit an easy pattern. And it is easy - just knits and purls, with just enough variation to keep you awake. This is the calm after the storm. Knit Captain Hastings. Or knit any of my other patterns. Or just read-along. You don't need to finish. Everyone will be eligible for prizes.

The KAL coincides with the release of the first pattern in my upcoming Hercule Poirot series. The Hercule Poirot series will feature characters or novel titles from Agatha Christie’s novels and short stories featuring everyone’s favorite mustachioed Belgian detective.

Mirrored left & right feet.
Also, each of the pattern samples will be knit in Sweet Georgia Yarns range of sock yarns. You don’t need to use Sweet Georgia yarn, but they are delicious to knit with and come in fabulous colors.

The read-along is optional. We'll be reading The Big Four, by Agatha Christie. Your local library should have it. There’s no need to buy a copy.

Pattern: Captain Hastings

Release Details: The pattern for the KAL will be available for $1.00 for 5 days: January 1-5th, 2014. Then it will be regular price. Or purchase the e-book for a discounted price.
KAL project tag: Please tag your KAL project with PoirotKAL2014 so we can admire all the lovely Captain Hastings being created!

KAL dates: Wednesday, January 1st – Friday, February 28th

Guidelines:
  • Have fun!
  • Knit Captain Hastings or any other of my patterns
  • Read The Big Four if you want and discuss.
This is a no-pressure KAL where the goal is to have fun, get to know each other and maybe indulge in some selfish post-Holiday knitting. Finish, don’t finish - just hang out and have fun.
Prizes:
  • Skein of Sweet Georgia sock yarn. Randomly awarded at the end of the KAL from amongst anyone who finishes at least 1 sock.
  • 2 copies of the full Poirot collection. 1 awarded at midpoint randomly. 1 awarded at end randomly.
  • 6 pattern prizes (winner’s choice of pattern) randomly awarded weekly from posters in KAL thread. (That’s 1 pattern per week for 6 weeks.) The more you comment, the more chances you have!
Toe up heel
Cuff down foot
Optional:
Book: The Big Four, by Agatha Christie. Read-along with me. The Big Four is a fun read, comprised of mini-stories within a story as Poirot tackles a cabal of master criminals known as The Big Four.












Cuff down heel



No comments :

Post a Comment